All Systems Go!
This innovative handwriting group is designed for children whose skills range from prewriting to cursive writing. Our center offers an engaging, creative and supportive environment for your child to develop his or her handwriting skills within a group of their peers. Each week, our team of highly experienced Occupational therapists will:
- Evaluate the underlying components that support your child’s handwriting, such as muscle strength, endurance, coordination, and motor control
- Demonstrate proper posture to support the proper use of the arms, hands, head, and eyes.
- Analyze fine motor control, such as the ability to hold a writing utensil.
- Determine visual and perceptual ability that influences your child’s ability to form letter and shapes using a writing utensil.
- Implement handwriting curriculums and collaborate with your child’s team regarding progress and effective strategies
- Provide home activities that will promote the development of skills needed in good handwriting